The Complete Guide to On-Page Optimization
Though you have got read many SEO articles online and you have got known or learned about numberless tips and tricks to upgrade your website SEO. Even though you learned anything you haven’t done anything yet. Maybe you are discouraged. You don’t need to hold back for on-page SEO because it can lead to numberless new visitors and customers right to your website.
What is SEO?
SEO is the practice of improving the standard and quantity of relevant organic traffic to your website from search engines.
Search engine optimization is the procedure of enhancing the quality and quantity of website traffic to a website or an online page from search engines. Instead of direct traffic or paid traffic SEO targets unpaid traffic.
SEO could be a fundamental part of digital marketing because often with commercial intent to seek out information about products and services people conduct trillions of searches per annum. The first source of digital traffic for brands and complements other marketing channels is search.
Types Of SEO
There are three sorts of SEO are:
- On-page SEO –whatever on your sites– like Blogs, product copy, web copy.
- Off-page SEO –whatever happens off from your website that helps together with your SEO Strategy- Backlinks.
- Technical SEO – Anything technical undertaken to boost Search Rankings – site indexing to assist bot crawling.
On-page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual web pages to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.
Optimizing front-end and back-end elements of your website/ online page so that it ranks in search engines and produce traffic to your page is termed On-page SEO. On-page refers to both the content and HTML ASCII text file of a page that can be optimized and it’s the alternative of off-page SEO which touches on links and external signals.
On-page SEO depends upon you. You need to work out what you are going to write for each page. You must also conclude about the target audience for your pages. You must also think about the target keywords and phrases you would like to concentrate on.
It is the procedure of advancing elements on your website itself.
Why on-page SEO is important?
It tells google about your website and the way you provide worth to your customers. On-page SEO also helps your website in both ways which are to urge advanced in Human-eye and search engine bots or computer program bots.
For ranking and attracting traffic, you ought to advance your website for Google or other search engines.
The modification and improvement you are doing on your website are seen by your visitors, so it’s called on-page optimization. But you cannot view the off-page or technical optimization on your website.
So, by this, we will conclude that each part of the on-page optimization completely depends upon yourself. So, that’s the explanation you ought to get laid correctly.
Here are the most ranking factors of on-page SEO that you’re going to take a look at.
1. Keyword Research
2. Title Tag
3. Meta Description
4. Header Tag
5. Keyword Usage
6. Internal Links
7. Site Maps
- Keyword research is employed by professionals to induce to understand the research search terms users use to beat about the products, general information, or services. Keywords are connected to the doubts which are asked by the users by search engines.
- We should choose primary keywords and secondary keywords which might be utilized in the page contents of your websites because it improves the SEO.
- We should know that page content is the primary factor for on-page optimization. Page content describes your business to both search engines and readers.
- So by using appropriate keywords which you got been researching you want to provide high-quality content about your chosen topic.
- For keyword research, you will also be able to use tools like Ahrefs, Answerthepublic, and Ubersuggest.
- keyword research primary components are below:
- Increases competitio
- Improves search optimization
The element displayed as the header on search engine result pages is a title tag or page title. Your website page title or title tag is the most predominant SEO element.
There is a character limit for the title tag to be get displayed, for instance, Google displays the first 50–60 characters of a title append SERP.
The title is the very first thing anyone would notice to understand what your content is about. It tells what they can find on your pages to both search engines and visitors.
Make sure you insert the keyword in your title for your site page’s rank. Integrate your keywords as obviously as possible.
To write the most effective title tags you will be able to use this information:
- You should write the title up to 70 characters if you write any longer your title will not be seen. On your mobile, the limit for the title that can be seen is 78 characters. (this is according to google update)
- You mustn’t pack the keywords within the title. Using too many keywords in your title doesn’t make it any better. You should learn to stay simple and unique.
- The title should be associated with your page or associated with the content you are writing on your page. Writing every character in upper case is not a good practice. It makes the title unattractive to your visitors.
- You may also include your brand title in your title. This helps visitors to register your brand name and creates brand awareness.
- So, confirm your title is elegant and straightforward which attracts new visitors and helps in ranking and search optimization
A meta description is a description that you can see below the title which appeared after the search on any search engine. It gives a sketch of the content on your website.
A meta description is important because it is the reason the visitor or user clicks on your website to check your information which is useful to them.
So, the more convenient the meta description is, there are more chances of increasing new visitors to your website. Because it is the reason to visit your page by a visitor.
Many people over social media copy meta descriptions. So, the clicks can be uplifted from there.
You can write a good meta description in the following ways:
- Meta description character limit is in the range of 160-180. Here we should know that google allows meta descriptions up to 220 characters but on mobile phones, the meta description is cut off at 120 characters.
- Involve the keywords you know in your meta description as we know the keywords attract both search engines and visitors.
- You need to steer clear of alphanumeric characters like &,+<,-, etc.
URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator.
Your page URLs should be effortless to understand for both users and the search engines.
Let’s take an example: https://blogspot.hubspot.com/sales/startups
Here subdomain – blog
Domain – hubspot.com
Directory for sales blog – sales
Indicate the specific path – start-ups
You should create SEO-friendly URLs for your website so that it explains what your webpage describes.
Here is the way to write SEO friendly URLs:
- · You should detach the extra and unnecessary words in your URL.
- Don’t use too many keywords in the URL. Only use one or two keywords.
- Nowadays Google is using HTTPS for positive ranking factors. So, you can use HTTPS if possible.
- Creating SEO-friendly URLs for websites helps in understanding what the webpage is about.
- Always avoid poor structure of URL in SEO as it results in a very low ranking.
Header tags are used to differentiate between heading and subheadings on your website pages. It is also called body tags or heading tags. The order of ranking gives the order of importance which is from H1 to H6.
Body tags boost the openness and boost the SEO of your webpage.
The H in the elements in H1 to H6 mentions “heading element”.
Header tags are used for:
- H1 is the main heading or title of a page. It mainly focuses to summarise the content in a simple and unique sentence known as a title.
- H2 refers to the subheadings of the content. It narrates the paragraph you write. We can also say it gives the overview of the corresponding paragraph.
- H3 refers to subsections that simplify the points explained by H2. We can use bullet points or number the points further or write a paragraph.
- H4 is also a subsection that explains the points by H3. We can use bullet points or number the points further.
Header helps to provide a determined structure to your page content, and it attracts visitors which improves SEO. Its layouts awareness of ideas of your content, themes of your webpage, and keywords used in your content.
Internal linking is the process of linking other web pages from your web pages or it is the process of hyperlinking to other useful web pages on your web page.
Internal linking is helpful because it links the users to another useful page from your web page which makes them be on your web page for a longer time. This indicates to Google that your web page content is friendly and pleasant.
Internal links help google absorb more information from your website and increase the rank of your website.
Internal linking helps to provide a better experience to the users while gaining useful information.
Internal linking helps Google to find, index, and understand all the pages of your content.
Site speed is one of the important elements in on-page SEO. Your webpage or website must load quickly both on mobile phones and desktops.
You should know that Google cares about the user experience. So, if your site speed is slow or unhurried user loses their interest and go to another source of webpages and Google knows about it which can affect on-page SEO and ranking.
Though your title tag, the meta description is convincing if your site speed is slow then there will be no use.
So, to check your site speed you can use Googles’ PageSpeed Insight Tools and Pingdom Website speed test.